<< Cine Valentino >> En la famosa Esquina de Tejas, el pintoresco ri

11

<< Cine Valentino >> En la famosa Esquina de Tejas, el pintoresco rincón que más tradición y larga historia tiene es el lugar donde estuvo el cine Valeentino. El lugar formaba parte de una espaciosa casa quinta que habitaba el industrial Crusellas, conocido perfumista que allí vivió hasta 1912, en que la vino a ocupar don Jorge Trillo, utilizando gran parte de dicha quinta para el cultivo de flores que más tarde despachaba en su muy acreditado jardín “La Camelia”. En el año 1914 la firma distribuidora de películas Blanco y Martínez arrendó el lugar para establecer un cine que sucesivamente se llamó “Polar Garden”, “Tivoli Garden” y “Camelia”. No eran por aquel entonces los llamados “cines de… More
In the famous corner of Texas, the most tradition-longest-tradition corner of history is where Valentino cinema was. The place was part of a spacious fifth house inhabiting the industrial Crusellas, known perfumer who lived there until 1912, in which he came to occupy her, using much of that fifth to cultivate flowers he later dispatched in its highly accredited garden ′′ La Camelia “. In 1914, the film distributor firm Blanco and Martinez leased the place to establish a cinema that was successively called ′′ Polar Garden “, ′′ Tivoli Garden ′′ and ′′ Camelia “. They weren’t back then the so-called ′′ neighborhood cinemas ′′ thriving businesses and all those attempts by their entrepreneurs failed. In 1919, a cinema named ′′ Ophelia ′′ was re-operated, which was destroyed by a fire and two years later was rebuilt and renamed ′′ Valentino “, taking advantage of the popularity of the Italian actor from the silent movies. In the small stage of that place, well-known figures from the scene also acted. There he began his artistic career Enrique Arredondo, the popular Bernabé on TV. The rooster fence called ′′ La Nacional ′′ and which was situated next to the cinema, was built by the twenties and was ′′ plucked ′′ more than one ′′ rooster “. This place is occupied today by two large buildings of 20 storeys that were opened in the early 90. s. ·