¿Quién estudió aquí?.

5

¿Quién estudió aquí?… Instituto inaugurado en octubre de 1948… En 1937 fue fundado como Instituto # 3 de La Habana, después llamado Instituto de Segunda Enseñanza de la Víbora en un caserón inhóspito situado en Patrocinio y Heredia, las aulas sólo tenían el nombre pues una había sido salita de costura, otra cocina, varias, cocheras, y otras, dependencias de una vivienda privada. El primer director fue Calixto Masó, hijo de Bartolomé Masó y los alumnos provenían de diferentes capas sociales predominando la clase media o pequeña burguesía. En 1943 fue inaugurada la Biblioteca que recibió el nombre de Enrique José Varona. El ciclón de 1944 dañó las ya precarias condiciones materiales del… More
In 1937 it was founded as the #3 Institute of Havana, then called the Institute of Second Teaching of the Viper in an inhospitable house located in Sponsorship and Heredia, the classrooms had only the name because one had been a sewing room, another kitchen, several, garage, and others, private housing units. The first director was Calixto Mas ó, son of Bartolomé Mas ó and the students came from different social layers predominating the middle class or small bourgeoisie. In 1943, the Library was opened, which was named Enrique José Varona. The cyclone of 1944 damaged the already precarious material conditions of the building so that after strenght struggles with the government of turn, Ramon Grau San Mart ínn begins construction of the current place that was opened on October 10, 1948. The first tribute to Carlos Manuel de Cespedes in Havana was a modest bust raised at the Viper Institute by Hortensia Pichardo and Fernando Portuondo in January 1950. In Carmen esq. a Parraga is the former IPU ′′ René O. Reigned ′′ before Viper High School. Source:
Rene O ‘ Reine Municipal Library. ·